10DLC: How to Register Brands with the Campaign Registry
In this article
Who needs to register?
How to register your Brand with The Campaign Registry
Who needs to register?
The carriers are asking that every organization that wants to send text messaging using standard 10-digit phone numbers (using local area codes) in the United States register with the carrier-supported entity, The Campaign Registry (TCR). TextOut is a Campaign Service Provider (CSP) with The Campaign Registry, and you can register through your Account in TextOut.
How long does the registration process take?
Approximately 3-5 business days (can take shorter or longer depending on the information submitted).
- Improved deliverability
- Higher throughput
- Unregistered 10DLC traffic will be filtered/blocked by the carriers
- Unregistered 10DLC traffic will incur higher surcharges from the carriers
Organizations should follow SMS best practices. Recipient SPAM (7726) complaints and high automatic opt-out rates (“STOP” replies) may lead to the carriers flagging your messages as spam, and blocking your traffic. Choose your audiences carefully and monitor program deliverability and opt-out rates.
Carriers want to see “opt out instructions” in your messaging. We have found using the phrase “STOP2QUIT” in your initial message results in a lower auto opt out rate.
How to register your Brand
To register your brand with TextOut, follow these steps:
- Select “Account” from the top menu ❯ “10DLC” ❯ “Brands” ❯ “Create Brand.”
- Enter the information required to register. If the information submitted doesn't match your organization's filings, the registration may be rejected, or your Brand may have a lower score. Resubmitting corrected information will delay the Brand registration process. Please verify your information is correct before submitting it.
- Click “Submit” at the top of the screen.
- Upon registration, Brands will receive a Brand ID number
Important! If you are a political campaign, you will need additional external vetting.
Once the Brand registration information is submitted, each entity will automatically undergo an Identity Verification process. The Campaign Registry validates the EIN, Legal Company Name, and Legal Company Address with third-party independent sources and confirms the Brand's existence with a verification "Status" (Verified/Unverified).
Being a Verified Brand is a requirement to message on 10DLC. Providing the correct legal entity information during the registration process will allow the Brand to be swiftly verified. If you submit your registration information and your Brand Identity status returns as Unverified, these are the options available:
- Any "Unverified" Brand can be resubmitted with corrected information for verification for a fee of $4.
- Any "Unverified" Brand can request external vetting by a TCR vetting partner and potentially gain access to every MNO Class/Tier. (TextOut applies for external vetting for all entities by default, see below.)
In both cases, details about the Brand should be corrected if necessary before any submission. Brand registration does not expire. Once the Brand registers, if nothing about the Brand changes, then nothing else is needed. If the brand changes (new name, acquisition, new legal address, etc), then those details need to be updated.